This is a field-based role, so generally home based with national travel as projects dictate. Occasional days will be required at Head Office (central London).
An exciting opportunity for an Acquisitions Manager with at least two years’ experience in a similar role to join an entrepreneurial, well-capitalised and highly acquisitive pub group and to take on the responsibility for the cradle to grave pub acquisition opportunities within the group.
This is a wide-ranging role that requires the fostering of strong relationships with other pub groups and pub agents within our sector and delivering both single pub acquisitions and larger portfolio transactions.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this is a hands-on and autonomous position that requires initiative and a can-do attitude.
Red Oak Taverns is a national pub company that currently owns 190 freehold pubs. Formed in 2011, Red Oak Taverns is predominantly a leased and tenanted operator, although the group also operates managed and franchised models.
The Company is privately-owned by its co-founders and a small number of like-minded individual investors.
The pub estate is mainly concentrated in the South, South West, North West and the Midlands.
Red Oak Taverns prides itself on its flexible partnerships with its Tenant Partners with the aim of developing long-lasting relationships.
You will be highly motivated, a self-starter and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment that has constant interaction with the Chief Executive and Executive Board. You are likely to be qualified or part-qualified (RICS) and excited about the prospect of advancement within the Company and growing the role as our business continues to grow. You will need to work collaboratively with other senior personnel, including the Operations Director, Head of Finance and Projects Manager.
- To work closely with the Chief Executive to accelerate the growth of our estate with quality pub acquisitions
- To foster great relationships with other Pubcos operating within the sector and providing a first port of call for companies wishing to dispose of assets
- To foster great relationships with national and regional pub agents
- To source, analyse and present suitable opportunities to the Executive Board that meet the Group’s acquisition criteria
- To negotiate terms with sellers (within parameters set by the Executive Board) and deliver heads of terms for legal progression
- Liaison with the Group’s solicitors and bankers (together with the Chief Executive) to deliver exchange and completion of the acquisition within set deadlines
- Handover of completed acquisition, with all required compliance documentation to the Operations Director and BDM team.